Question: Mustafa’s soccer team is planning a school dance as a fundraiser. The DJ charges $200 and decorations cost $100. The team decides to charge each student $5.00 to attend the dance. If n represents the number of students attending the dance, which equation can be used to find the number of students needed to make $1,500 in profit?
5n – 300 = 1,500
5n + 300 = 1,500
5n – 200 + 100n = 1,500
5n – 100 – 200n = 1,500
Answer: Let b be the number of students participating in the dance.
The team charges $ 5.00 from each student to participate in the dance.
Total collection = 5 times the number of students = 5b
DJ costs $ 200 and decorations $ 100.
Total cost = 200 + 100 = 300
According to the question, the equation can be used to find the number of students required to make a $ 1,500 profit.
$ 1500 = Total collection-Total cost
⇒1500 = 5n-300
Therefore, the equation can be used to find that the number of students required to generate $ 1,500 profit is 5n-300 = 1500.
- Quiz Diva - Can you spot the Chameleon. Ответы Quiz Diva
- If it is 1,800 kilometers to America riddle Math Riddles
- A house has 6 stories, each the same height. How many times as long is the ascent to the sixth floor as the ascent to the third? Math Riddles
- Given two 2s, “plus” can be changed to “times” without changing the results: 2 + 2= 2 x 2. Math Riddles
- An officer wishing to arrange his men in a solid square found by his first arrangement that he had 39 men left over. Math Riddles