Math Riddle: A man told his son that he would give him $1000 if he could accomplish the following task. The father gave his son ten envelopes and a thousand dollars, all in one-dollar bills. He told his son,
“Place the money in the envelopes in such a manner that no matter what number of dollars I ask for, you can give me one or more of the envelopes, containing the exact amount I asked for without having to open any of the envelopes. If you can do this, you will keep the $1000.” When the father asked for a sum of money, the son was able to give him envelopes containing the exact amount of money asked for. How did the son distribute the money among the ten envelopes?
Answer: The contents or ten envelopes (in dollars) are as follows: $ 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 489.
The first nine numbers are in geometric progression and their sum is deducted From 1,000, we arrive at the contents of the tenth envelope.
- Quiz Diva - Can you spot the Chameleon. Ответы Quiz Diva
- An officer wishing to arrange his men in a solid square found by his first arrangement that he had 39 men left over. Math Riddles
- Given two 2s, “plus” can be changed to “times” without changing the results: 2 + 2= 2 x 2. Math Riddles
- Can you divide the watch face with 2 straight lines riddle Math Riddles
- Mustafa’s soccer team is planning a school dance as a fundraiser Math Riddles