Question: Find the sum of 3/2a and 1/6a in simplest form?
Answer: The correct answer is 5/3a
Since 3 / 2a + 1 / 6a has different denominators, we need to find the smallest common denominator first. This value is also 6.
9 / 6a + 1 / 6a = 10 / 6a
Let’s simplify: 5 / 3a
- Mustafa’s soccer team is planning a school dance as a fundraiser Math Riddles
- A reservoir in the form of a cuboid of length 10 m breadth 8.5 m and height 7.5 m Math Riddles
- An officer wishing to arrange his men in a solid square found by his first arrangement that he had 39 men left over. Math Riddles
- My only timepiece is a wall clock. One day I forgot to wind it and it stopped Math Riddles
- The ages of Sonal and Manoj are in the ratio 7:5. Ten years hence, the ratio of their ages Math Riddles